The first step you can take for an organized life.!
Does your cluttered jewelry make you go mad when you open your drawer every time? You feel like how much you try to organize them and declutter, it still ends up in a mess. Ugh!
Have a look at these tips and simple hacks to keep your accessories at bay and easy to wear.
- Arrange your jewelry into three categories: wedding and formal jewelry, casual and semi-formal jewelry, and everyday jewelry.
- Arrange or buy out some dividers or jewelry storage boxes, if not you can also use repurpose cutlery holders, ice trays, or gift boxes. (cardboard ones preferably). Acrylic organizers can be used, which are readily available in local shops and market in Karachi. If you wish you can make your own DIY organizers. (Will be shared in upcoming posts). (Picture 3 and 4)
- Keep your formal and wedding accessories in a wooden box or any box (with cover) available at home. This way your expensive jewels would be safe from being missed, and from dust. In addition, buy small plastic bags for accessories to keep each set separately to avoid any discoloration and tangling. (Picture 1 and 2)
- Keep your casual ones in a visible manner and easy to access in a drawer. For rings have a smallholder, place bracelets on a tissue roll holder in a vertical manner or allocate a place in your drawer through a divider for bracelets only.
- Have one box designated for bangles only and keep them in dressing along with wedding accessories as they are not worn frequently.
- Hang up your chains and necklaces or compartmentalize them on the colored ice-cube tray or small box. You can even use the acrylic cosmetic organizers to store jewelry safely.
- For watches, make use of those foams that come along with watches. Place these foams in line in a rectangular box and place your watches over it. The Watches will be visible and easy to access.
Anxious? Do not worry, you can proceed with one step at a time. First, Declutter and organize the types of jewelry then arrange the boxes or compartments to keep them.. After making the arrangement daily basis and avoiding the mess. Ta da! You have bought plenty of time of your life. Lets, move out to the next step by placing your jewelry correctly in the right manner. Phew! once you are done tap your shoulder as you have moved one step in decluttering your daily life.
Try to adopt these healthy organizing habits to have a hassle free life. Clean and repeat these steps once in a month and try your best to maintain them daily.